Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finding Sage Part 1


First off I have wanted a Lab for a long time.  But I lived in a smaller house and I was very busy coaching basketball, football and baseball.  A few years ago I gave up coaching football.  And now I have backed off on the baseball.  I have also recently moved to a larger house with a larger yard.  Late last year I started thinking again about getting a dog.  So I started checking into the cost of having a lab.  Food, Vet bills dog toys, training.  I also needed to know what I would do if I got stuck at work and could not get home to let her out.  Luckily I have great neighbors on both sides of me who are willing to help out if I could not get home.  Next what to do with her when I fly to Florida to visit my parents and sister?  My good friend Mike said no way am I putting her in a kennel, she would stay with him when I’m gone.  That just left the big question.  I’m I ready for responsibility of having a dog.  It’s not all fun & games.  You have to feed her, take her out and make sure she is getting enough exercise, train her and there are always those little surprises she leaves in the yard for you.  My answer, Yes I’m ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment